New Vacancy: Immigration Consultant / Immigration Associate (Chinese Mandarin)
Job Title: Immigration Consultant / Immigration Associate (Chinese Mandarin)
Term: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Covent Garden, London
Salary: From £25,000 to £35,000 per annum based on experience + Benefits
Richmond Chambers LLP is a multi-award winning, innovative partnership of specialist immigration barristers and other immigration law professionals. Based in the heart of Covent Garden, our immigration barristers provide expert legal advice and representation, directly to individuals and businesses, in relation to all aspects of UK immigration law.
We provide a working environment where our team members are supported, motivated and developed, both personally and professionally. Our working culture is inclusive and collaborative and we offer a range of learning initiatives designed to ensure that our team members have the support they need to progress.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Chinese Mandarin speaking Immigration Consultant / Immigration Associate to join our successful private client immigration team.
This will be a hands on role where you will shadow and support our immigration barristers with their casework under supervision. Your responsibilities will include: liaising with potential new clients, attending clients, taking instructions, completing application and appeal forms, preparing application and appeal bundles, drafting correspondence and legal representations and attending visa application appointments and appeal hearings.
Your primary role will be to assist our high net worth Chinese clients with their Tier 1 (Investor) and Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) applications (entry clearance, extension of stay and settlement). However, there will also be opportunities to work on applications, appeals and judicial reviews involving the full range of personal and business immigration law, including Tier 2 and Sponsor Licensing, Appendix FM, non-PBS work routes, EU law, nationality and human rights.
You will be expected to keep up-to-date with changes to immigration law and policy and to support the partners with China focussed business development and marketing activities.
This role will develop and challenge you, providing you with a wealth of hands-on experience working along some of the UK’s leading immigration barristers in an innovative immigration law firm.
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- A good academic background with a minimum 2:1 degree, preferably in Law;
- Experience of immigration law, ideally with a leading national or London law firm with an established immigration law team or a top rank immigration consultancy;
- Knowledge of Tier 1 and Tier 2 of the Points Based System;
- Excellent English and Chinese language skills, both verbal and written;
- A pro-active and self-motivated attitude;
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to providing exceptional client care;
- The ability to work independently and be a pro-active member of the team;
- Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to maintain high professional standards of work, including when working to strict deadlines;
- Strong IT skills, including experience of Apple computers and cloud-based technology platforms.
The following are desirable but not essential:
- Completed the BPTC or LPC;
- IAAS Level 1 or Level 2 accreditation;
How To Apply
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to our Practice Manager, Christy Irvine at firstname.lastname@example.org, by 4pm on 18 May 2018.
Early applications are encouraged as applicants who meet our selection criteria may be interviewed before the closing date.
If you do not hear from us within 14 days then you may assume that your application has not been successful. Due to the high number of applications that we receive it will not be possible to provide individual feedback.
Richmond Chambers LLP is an equal opportunities employer and complies with both the SRA and BSB equality and diversity guidelines.