UK Sole Representative Visa Success Stories
Richmond Chambers is one of the UK’s leading immigration practices for UK Sole Representative of Overseas Business Visa applicants. Our immigration barristers work closely with senior employees of overseas businesses who wish to set up a branch or subsidiary of their parent company in the UK via the UK Sole Representative visa route. We guide overseas businesses through the complex Home Office rules and policies and assist them expand into the UK.
Read about some of our UK Sole Representative of Overseas Business Visa success stories here.
UK Sole Representative of Overseas Business Visa Success Stories
Our business immigration barristers have assisted many UK Sole Representative of Overseas Business visa applicants to establish a commercial presence for their company in the UK. For example:
- Richmond Chambers Immigration Barristers assisted a client with an application for entry clearance as the Sole Representative of a small boutique investment and mergers and acquisitions firm, with branches in Singapore and Greece, and with most work conducted remotely at client sites or via virtual meetings. Our client was a Managing Director and 90% shareholder of the Singaporean entity, Director of the Greek entity, and travelled for work between the two branches. After restructuring to open the wholly owned subsidiary in the UK, and reduction to become a minority shareholder, he was able to meet the requirements;
- Our business immigration team prepared a successful application for a Singaporean national for leave to remain as a Sole Representative of a Japanese company, which itself had a Singaporean parent company that exported used automobiles, machinery and auto parts. We successfully argued that payment from the wholly owned UK subsidiary met the requirements of the Rules and that our client had generated business with firms in the UK since his last grant of leave, although plans had deviated slightly from those in his entry clearance application. The applications for his wife and two child dependants were also successful.
- Richmond Chambers assisted a senior manager of a construction firm with branches in Saudi Arabia and the US employing over 100 workers. We guided our client through the requirements of the Sole Representative of Overseas Business visa route and assisted with the applications of both the Applicant and his 5 dependants, which were all successful;
- Our immigration barristers assisted with an application for entry clearance as a Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa for a citizen of Pakistan with 3 dependants. The main applicant was a senior employee of a major chemical production company in Pakistan, with a multi-million dollar turnover, that was seeking to establish a commercial presence in the UK. With the help of Richmond Chambers, our clients’ applications were all approved and the company is now established in the UK;
- We worked with a client who sought to make an application for entry clearance as a Sole Representative for a South African national and his family. The parent company had branches in South Africa, New Zealand and Australia. Our client was the Managing Director and the majority shareholder in the parent company, but due to being able to structure his employment by one of the other branches, he was able to meet the requirement of not being a majority shareholder of the company which sent him to the UK;
- We assisted a Chinese national to make a successful Sole Representative visa application to come to the UK to open a branch of her family business. We were able to convince the Home Office that she was a sufficiently senior employee, and that despite her having previously registered as a Director of a UK company, that she intended to work for the parent company on a full time basis;
- Our immigration barristers assisted a technology company to send a senior employee to the UK. The business had recently secured a contract with a UK company and as a condition of that contract was required to have a full time representative in the UK to oversee the work. We convinced the Home Office that although one of the directors of the company already held ILR in the UK, the selected representative would have overall authority for the UK entity.
Contact our UK Sole Representative Visa Immigration Lawyers
For advice and assistance in relation to an application for entry clearance, leave to remain or settlement as a Sole Representative of an Overseas Business contact our immigration barristers on 0203 617 9173 or complete our enquiry form below.