UK Investor Visa Success Stories
Richmond Chambers is one of the UK’s leading immigration practices for Tier 1 Investor visa applicants. The work of our immigration barristers on behalf of UK Investor visa applicants has been recognised through membership of the Investment Migration Council and the Department of International Trade’s Investor Support Network. Read about some of our UK Investor visa success stories here.
UK Investor Visa Success Stories
Our investment immigration team has assisted many high net worth individuals and their families to relocate to the UK under the Tier 1 Investor visa route. For example:
- Our immigration barristers assisted a citizen of China and his family members to relocate to the UK under the UK Investor visa scheme. We assisted our client to demonstrate that he had held his investment funds for the required time period by relying upon investment funds held in a combination of UK and Hong Kong-based sterling and foreign currency savings accounts, current accounts, and securities/investment accounts in both his and his wife’s name;
- We acted for a Russian citizen in her successful application for entry clearance as a Tier 1 Investor. Our client applied for a UK Investor visa by relying on investment funds which had been gifted to her by her father, a successful businessman in Russia. The funds were transferred from multiple bank accounts, in various currencies, via a complex series of transactions. We assisted our client to satisfy UK Visas & Immigration as to the source of the funds and the genuine nature of the gift;
- The Richmond Chambers immigration team represented a citizen of Iran who wished to switch from the Tier 4 General Student category into the UK Investor visa category. Working to a tight deadline and relying on investment funds that had been gifted to our client by his uncle in the US, we assisted our client to successfully obtain further leave to remain as a Tier 1 Investor;
- Our immigration barristers assisted a citizen of China and her husband to obtain a Tier 1 Investor visa on a fast-track route to settlement. The main applicant’s husband was a successful businessman in China and had accumulated £5 million from the sale of shares in his company. He gifted £5 million to his wife and we successfully applied for a UK Investor visa for her and a dependant visa for her husband. Remaining as a dependant allowed our client’s husband to manage his business in China, whilst still enabling both to quality for indefinite leave to remain;
- Our investment immigration team assisted a high net worth citizen of Canada and his wife and son to regularise their status in the UK. Having entered the UK as a Tier 1 Investor and dependants, our clients came to us having mistakenly overstayed the validity period of their visas. Our barristers regularised their status by preparing and submitting a successful fresh application for entry clearance under the Tier 1 Investor visa route;
- Our client, a Chinese citizen, sought to secure a UK Investor visa, but her investment funds were located in China. Working in partnership with our colleagues at the Bank of China, we were able to arrange for the full value of our client’s investment funds to be transferred to the UK within 2 weeks. We then submitted a successful Tier 1 Investor visa application for our client;
- Our immigration barristers advised a Tier 1 Investor visa holder from Japan in relation to the requirements for an extension of stay as an Investor. Having been in the UK for almost 3 months, she had only a few days left in which to make her investment. We were able to introduce our client to a selection of leading investment management firms in London, one of which she then selected to facilitate her investment within the required timeframe.
- The Richmond Chambers immigration team represented a US citizen who wished to relocate to the UK with her daughter under the UK Investor visa route relying on funds originating from a family trust. Working in partnership with a leading wealth management firm, we were able to arrange for a UK bank account to be opened for our client. We then submitted a successful Tier 1 Investor visa application for our client.
Contact our UK Investor Visa Immigration Barristers
For advice and assistance in relation to an application for entry clearance, leave to remain or settlement as a Tier 1 Investor, contact our immigration barristers on 0203 617 9173 or complete our enquiry form below.