Personal Immigration
Business Immigration

Home Office European Passport Return Service for EEA Nationals

The Home Office is now offering a European passport return service for EEA and Swiss nationals applying online using the EEA(QP) or EEA(PR) application forms.

The service allows EEA and Swiss nationals who are applying for a registration certificate or document certifying permanent residence in the UK to retain their passport whilst their application is being processed. They can then use their passport for travel or identification purposes.

The European passport return service is provided by local authorities in England and Wales.

A participating local authority will photocopy an applicant’s EEA or Swiss passport and forward a copy, along with the application for a registration certificate or document certifying permanent residence, to the Home Office on the applicant’s behalf.

The service is available by appointment only and applicants wishing to use the service must attend their appointment within 5 working days of submitting their online form. The service fee can be obtained by contacting the local authority who will also confirm times appointments are available.

The European Passport Return Service is only available for online EU applications and is not currently available to non-EEA family members of EEA nationals.

Contact Our Immigration Barristers

For advice and assistance in relation to an application for an EEA registration certificate, residence card, document certifying permanent residence or permanent residence card, contact our EEA immigration barristers in London on 0203 617 9173 or via our online enquiry form.


To arrange an initial consultation meeting, call our immigration barristers on 0203 617 9173 or fill out the form below.

    Attach a file if it supports your enquiry. Only .doc or .pdf files.


    Expert advice & representation from immigration barristers that you can rely on.

    Google+ - Five Stars

    Read the 600+ five out of five star Google reviews of our immigration barristers.